So I am traveling right now and had to take 2 connecting yesterday so my body was feeling it, so I made sure to hit the gym yesterday when I arrived and this morning.
So here are my 5 hotel traveling tips
1. Make sure you bring some sort of foam roller, trigger point tool. The "4 knots" - shoulders and hips get destroyed when you travel so we want to make sure we especially roll out the hips and T Spine.
2. Do some form of dynamic stretching. Quadruped Rocking, Side Lunges, Squat to Stand, 90/90 stretch are a few great drills.
3. Try a different form of training when traveling to change things up. I went on the treadmill and did 25 minutes of sprints, running, walking and hills. I can't tell you the last time I was on a treadmill (I usually go to the track)
4. Use body weight exercises. Squats, Push-ups and Bridges go a long way in training
5. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate - make sure you drink your water :)
Hope this helps when you travel,