Stress can have such a HUGE impact on your body and can manifest in a variety of ways...
The list below is just the tip of the iceberg...
If you are experiencing symptoms or seem to be "stuck" in your weight loss efforts, it may be time to take a look at your stress levels. Finding ways to reduce stress in your life WILL enhance your health and well-being.
* Causes the brain to send a message to the adrenal glands to produce stress hormones.
* Causes migraines and TMJ.
* Causes anxiety, depression, insomnia, and anger.
Skin & Hair:
* Causes acne & hair loss.
* Triggers eczema and psoriasis.
* Increases heart rate and muscle contractions.
* Can lead to inflammation of the arteries.
* Leads to heart attack and/or cardiovascular disease.
Adrenal Glands & Liver:
* Stress hormones, adrenaline, cortisol, and norepinephrine, are released. All cause various health problems from prolonged exposure.
* Liver produces more glucose.
* Can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach upset.
* Makes intestines inefficiently absorb food.
* Contributes to acid reflux, GERD, and heartburn.
* Impairs testosterone and sperm production.
* Reduces sexual desire.
* Causes irregular, absent, or more painful menstrual periods in women.
While none of these "symptoms" directly impair weight loss or lead to obesity, all of these side effects of stress will impair your metabolism and your ability/desire to exercise, eat right, obtain restorative sleep, etc.
A Few Ways to Reduce Stress:
* Essential Oils
* Lavender Oil
When you get a handle on your stress levels, you'll have a much easier time achieving your weight loss and fitness goals...
Dedicated to your success,